Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lab #45 Day of Silence

So I observed a day of silence.

And....of course, I had to remind myself over and over to BE QUIET.

No one at first really noticed that I wasn't talking, because (in particular classes) I'm always quiet. I had to find new ways to communicate. I found writting down what I was going to say effective, but it took twice as long and it felt really awkward having someone hover over your shoulder looking at what you're writting down.

There were times where I really wanted to voice my opinion about something. But I couldn't, so I was like DAMN! I can't talk!

I could've used sign language, but I can't sign.

And no one would've understood it anyway.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I had to talk. So sometime at the end of the day, I yelled at the top of my lungs.

But other than that it was alot of fun. I enjoy being silent.

I'll do it more often.

It makes me feel smart.

~jAkE

No comments: