Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lab #26 Interveiw


Grandma D.
My mom's mom

"Interveiw"

what is your birth date?-April 6,1927
Where were you born?- Erie PA

Tell me about the home you were raised in-

Erie PA 545 West 17th Street
It was nice, 8 rooms, 4 bedrooms-brick,2 stories. It was in the Italian section of
town. We were lucky because we had a refrigerator and we were
the only people who also had a telephone. I had one brother. We were
considered wealthy.

Tell me about your school days-

I always got free milk because I was so skinny, and I graduated in 1945 from Academy High School.

What did you do for fun when you were young?-

We played stick ball and kick the can in the street. Sometimes we went to the movies on weekends and it only cost 6 cents.

What family vacations did you take when you were young?-

We only saw our relatives in New Jersey, Oil City, PA and Cleveland. We took a few trips to Niagra Falls because it is only an hour away.

What were your ambitions when you were young?-

I wanted to go to college, but only guys got nto go.

How much school did you complete?-

12th grade and then went 1 year to commercial college.

Tell me about dating your husband-

He lived across the street, I only dated him. He was the star quarter back football player.

Where and when were you married?-

In Erie PA, St.Paul's church, Sep.5, 1948

What changes have you seen over your lifetime?-

Of course technology, color T.V better radios and computers and we only had manual typewriters.

Tell me your favorite family story-
My husband's grandmother Mary was only a little over 4ft tall and always wore satin dresses. On Halloween she dressed up and went to trick or treat. And she never stopped dancing!

* Interveiwing my grandma was a lot of fun. One thing I didn't know was that Great great Grandma Mary had 14 kids!

1 comment:

JOM said...

I'm so glad you got to do this interview. You did a wonderful job!